Sunday, February 24, 2008

Creative Bone is itchin'

I'm into painting. A little. and I have ideas, but I'm always unsure about the media that I'm using and about the overall feel this artwork is gonna take.

We have some unfinished artwork in our house, that none of you have probably ever seen, and from the time scheme that it's taking, probably never will see! I don't know if this is simply b/c I'm not feeling motivated lately, or if I'm just too stressed about other things, or that we're too busy, and all of those things combined could partially be it too, but I realized I start about 3 or 4 projects and never finish any of them!

There's some wooden chests (of which the recipients of said chests will remain nameless until said chests are finished and delivered-ahem supposed to be finished 2 yrs ago)
There's the 3 empty canvases that have an idea in my head, but I'm afraid I'll mess it up, so I won't even start.
There's the on-paper-only squares canvas painting.
And there's a Window from our old friends Meredith and Jon Ellis' old house before they moved, which we thought we would put pictures in, but clearly haven't done that, as it sits by our front door!

So...anyone have any ideas of a class or can offer some help in pushing me in the right direction?? like I said: "I'm into painting. A little."

5 comments:

  1. You could try Wake Tech. Here is a list of their Arts and Crafts classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you wait until your 55+, you can come to the senior center :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know Amanda, at this rate, I'll be able to take your classes when I'm 55, and still be doing the same projects!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds familiar from here...only it's quilts instead of painting.
    Try looking at some of the hobby shops (like Michael's) they often have classes. Also you could consider the "Bob Ross" videos if you're looking at doing landscapes as opposed to just the crafty type of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apex Community Center also offers some classes. I'd be into taking some with you if you want a friend to join ya!

    ReplyDelete