Monday, December 15, 2008

Update on East St. living

So this is going to require a little pre-story, to the story...

There is a couple who live above us, who evidently have a baby (~1 year old) who cries a cry that would curdle your blood. This kid knows how to cry. This is a "wake-you-from-dead-asleep-not-even-my-baby" cry. We hear this kid crying at all odd hours; when we wake up, when we're asleep (hence the title of the cry), when we're chillin watching TV, when we're lounging around the house on a Saturday....any time. And every time, It's an added birth control. I feel for these parents. I truly feel so sorry for them, and I've never even met them, probably because they spend every minute she's not crying to catch a little shut-eye. And I never know what she's crying about, I never hear anything that would should suspicious or make me think she has a reason to cry....but I think she hates nap time,...or she just likes to drive her parents crazy. (both are reasons legit)


So, onto the main reason for the blogging:

SHE FINALLY LAUGHED!! YAY!!! Friday night, as I was lying down and feeling like I was going to die from this constant cold bug, I heard the trampling of little girls feet following by that scream that says "I-wanna-scream-even-though-I'm-not-scared". Here is the narrative as heard from the floor below them:

Father-like voice: "Rooarrrr!!"
Little girls: run and scream and giggle uncontrollably.

Repeat above steps for 20 mins.

Mother-like voice: repremanding the father and unable to make out what exactly was said.
Father-like voice: "I'm Sorry....." continues on in incomprehensable words I cannot make-out.

5 quiet mins later:

Father-like voice: "Rooarrr!!"
Little girls: run and scream and giggle uncontrollably.



This was so much fun, I really wanted to be a fly on the wall in their house. I sat and listened for what seemed like forever until I finally fell asleep (to the help of some Nyquil)

That night, the little girl did not cry.

1 comment: