Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Enter: Ditsy Girl

Last night, I was watching a show, and they gave the viewers a glimpse of info they're not really supposed to know. Everyone has experienced it. You know, that glimpse of the killer on the other side of the door, and...Oh no, Ditsy Girl (that being her credit name) opens the door to find the killer waiting on her.

I always talk "at" the TV in these instances. I say things like "NO NO NO Ditsy Girl! Don't open that door! He's RIGHT THERE!!!" and things like "WHAT!?!? Are You kidding me!?!??? Don't you SEE him??"

It was at this instant, that I had an epiphany. It's funny that God is that "knowing" viewer in our lives. I could only help but laugh thinking he's saying to me "NO NO NO Dana! Don't open THAT door! There is a better way!" and "WHAT!?!? Don't you SEE me!?? I'm right HERE! "

Sometimes we make mistakes, and we look back and wonder what in the world we were thinking.

Sometimes, we play the part of the Ditsy Girl, and never really think we made a mistake, and go on about our merry way, oblivious to the dangers ahead.

I've played both parts, as I'm sure most people have. And sometimes, although it be very strange, I play them both at the same time. I look back and think, "What was I doing?" and yet, I still am doing those same type things, oblivious to the danger. It's like I wasn't murdered in quite the right Horrific way the first time, that I feel I need to go back and try it again, this time RUNNING to the killer on the other side of the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment