Friday, August 28, 2009

Changing Job Titles

Last night, John puts in one of the two loads of laundry in our *free* dryer, and our dryer stops working.

It already had the problem of not turning off on its own, but that was why we got it for free. Now it doesn't turn the clothes, so not really doing much good just throwing some heat in there on a big pile of wet clothes.

So I'm changing my title from the "Vacuum Repair Lady" to the "Dryer Repair Lady."

I'm thinking the belt is broken, and I have no idea how to fix the timer thing that was originally wrong.

We'll see...


Also, the vacuum is officially broken. The brushes don't even turn now.

Round 2 on the vacuum (Betty) may commence this weekend as well.



Hmm maybe I need to name this dryer too...I'm pretty sure the surgery on it will get pretty intense...it might need a name. Post some name suggestions if you're feeling creative.

3 comments:

  1. Tumbleina? Spinderella? Louis "Dry"fus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had our fair share of dryer troubles. Our timer was messed up, and it stopped drying clothes. Turns out we had tons of lint build-up in the insulation. Some guy came with a vacuum and sucked it all out, and now it works fine. I like Jeramie's suggestions for the name. Or, to keep with the "B" theme, you could call him Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I repaired my dryer about 10 years ago...works like a charm now. I had to buy some special tools to get the back off the thing though. John might have some, but if not you are welcome to use mine. It was some sort of special sockets. Once I got into the thing, everything was pretty easy to fix from there on out. Replaced a belt & the heating element. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete