Monday, September 28, 2009

CVS

Totally loving my lunch break today! I went on a shopping spree at CVS and spent a whopping $5. I got 4 bags of tide stain release tabs, 1 bounce dryer bar, 1 bottle of tide detergent, 2 Pantene Hair Sprays, body lotion, 1 gillette razor

Here's how:
I did three transactions.
#1: $9.99 - Gillette Fusion Razor (yeah I'm hoping John will use it) ;)
-$4.00 off coupon
-$4 ECB's
Total: 2.76 after taxes
Got: $5 ECB

#2: (2) $4 Pantene Styling products
$7.99 Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body lotion
-$3 off $15 purchase coupon
-$1.50 off vaseline body lotion
-$1 off pantene coupon
-$1 off pantene coupon
-$5 ECB from purchase #1
Total: $5.50
Got: $9 ECB

#3: (4) $4 Tide stain release tabs
Bounce Dryer Bar
(1) Tide Laundry detergent
-$5 off $25 purchase coupon
-(6) $1 off Proctor and Gamble coupons
-$9 ECB from transaction #2
Total: 7.63
Got: $10 ECB, and a $4 coupon


So, I spent $15.89 ($3.41 of which is tax) out of pocket and I have a $10 credit in ECB's for CVS, along with a $4 coupon on more body lotion.


My savings today were $49.92.

Looks like $49 is going into savings today! :)



I'm going back later this week to stock up on a sale they're having on scotch tape. I'm about to buy $15 of tape for FREE, no out of pocket expense, and still have $5 ECB.



Also, on side note...
According to my CVS coupon, as of 9/25, this is what CVS is looking like for me:
Year to date savings: $59.34
Fall 2009 spending: $8.43


I love it. :)

3 comments:

  1. Man, you are the CVS shopping queen! Where are you getting all of these great coupons? I never see any for CVS or any good P & G coupons.... I need to start shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you check out www.southernsavers.com it lists it all out for you. I usually buy things that give you CVS credit (Extra Care Bucks ECBs) back and then you can use that to pay for more stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You make me smile. Thanks for calling me on your lunch to fill me in on your savings. Call anytime...I will listen to how much you saved and be excited even if John won't :) haha

    ReplyDelete