Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yummo Brownies

Last night, I got this huge craving for brownies.  But, sticking with our goal this month of using what we have in the house, I found this recipe to make brownies from scratch. 

I'm not really a baker.  I'm more of a dinner cook, or I use those no-bake recipes for desserts.  That's just how I roll.

Plus I don't measure anything.  I'm usually thinking "a pinch of this, a splash of that" when I cook. 

But these brownies were so awesome!  Usually our boxed brownies are kinda over cooked on the edges and under cooked in the middle, no matter which pan I bake them in.  These brownies were done to perfection!  Moist on the inside, perfect top, and no sticking to the pan!  Not too sweet, and delicious with light and cocoa-y goodness.

So here's what I did, other than follow the recipe above.

Some Baking 101 tips for anyone who's not a baker (ahem - me):
-Baking requires that you measure, so be sure to use dry measuring cups & spoons for dry, wet measure for wet.
-Mix all the "like" ingredients together first - i.e. - mix all the dry in a bowl together, and mix all the wet in a separate bowl together.  After each are mixed well and blended separately, combine the wet into the dry and mix just until combined. 
-brownies are better, lighter, and fluffier if you don't over mix them.  Once all the ingredients are mixed, put them in the pan.


I think this has become my favorite way to make brownies!  The box kind are pretty easy, but this is incredibly easy as well, and comes out tasting so much better! I never would have thought baking brownies was as easy as this...too many recipes call for melted chocolate (which I burn), and we didn't have any real butter (only tub margarine) in the house.  Seriously, I'm not a baker.  I burn bread very frequently, and have tried over and over to make bread with yeast and only once have I had relatively good results.

Who knows, maybe this has opened up my cooking world into the realm of baking as well!  Not sure this should be happening right before summer time  Swimsuit Season.....

No comments:

Post a Comment