Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Laundry

We did laundry on Sunday. About 8 loads of it.

I'm tired of looking at clothes...I'm tired of folding clothes...

And I haven't even started ironing the ones that need to be ironed so I can wear them this week.

Only to have to do this all over again, all too soon.



And I feel like we have really cut down on our laundry amount since we have to pay quarters and walk the hamper across the parking lot. We do things like wear our jeans atleast 3 days (unless they are John's work jeans in which they are disgusting and have to be washed), wash delicate things by hand, Hang at least one load on the drying rack to cut down on money for the dryer.

Doing a load a day is not really an option for us. For 1-I dont get home until late, and by the time I even get dinner done, it's almost 9, which is not a great time to be walking around, downtown, in the dark. 2-We tried, we forgot they were in the washer, and they ended up sitting there for an extra day...yuck.



I know some of you have kids, and have to do a lot more laundry than just John and I, so I felt the need to ask:

What things do you do to cut down on the laundry loads?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel as though laundry is my nemesis. It never ends and while I don't mind doing it (because I like having clean clothes), it just seems like I can't get ahead.

    One thing that helps sometimes is "batching," which means taking one day (maybe a weekend day) to do as much laundry as you can so that you don't feel like you're doing it every day. I did laundry yesterday, and I'm doing laundry again today (so apparently this technique does not always work for me)... but it's an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some how, we typically only do 3 loads a week, even with all of Brayden's stuff. Colored clothes, white clothes, & Brayden's stuff. Every other week I do the sheets & towels. I know some people might think that is gross, but my mom only changed the sheets/towels every 2 weeks growing up & I am still alive & fine. As long as you hang them right up to dry, it isn't that big a deal.

    ReplyDelete