Friday, July 16, 2010

26 Things about me

In honor of my 26th Birthday yesterday (7/15 for all you late readers), I'll let you in on 26 Things about me that you may or may not have known.  Some of these are pretty well known, others not-so-much.

Alright Here we go:
1.  I grew up on a farm.  Yes we had chickens, cows, horses, and a huge garden (along with many more species of animals).
2.  I am addicted to Dr. Pepper.  Dear Dr. Pepper Bottling Company right here in Raleigh...I secretly obsessively love you.  And I point you out every time I drive by.
3.  My hair is naturally wavy/curly.  When I was little, it was so straight it would never take a curl.  Ever. Never. Ever.
4.  During this time of super straight, lifeless, bodiless, hair, I was picked to act and sing in a play, in which I needed to have super curly, Shirley Temple curls.
5.  The curls fell out somewhere around scene 3 I'm sure.
6.  I also sang this really annoying whiny song and did a little nervous dance while on stage.  yep...pretty sure there's a video floating around out there on that.
7.  And I'm praying whoever has it lives in a deep dark cave and has never heard of youtube.
8.  I was a the proud (at the time) recipient of 2 perms growing up.  Average staying time is about 6 weeks...mine lasted 3.  Thank you 80's for the bad pictures.
9.  My first kiss was at a horse auction.  The boy shall remain anonymous.
10.  I'm also addicted to Reese's pieces.  In college, I ate an entire family sized bag in a matter of minutes while studying.
11.  Also note that this then led to the freshman Sophomore 15 20.
12.  I'm also addicted to shoes.  Lots of shoes.
13.  Obviously, I have a problem.  Or maybe lots of them.
14.  I love love love kids, but I'm super freaked out by giving birth.  Thanks birthing Horror stories.
15.  I love dancing.  Everything from swing, shag, the waltz, salsa, to hip hop, line dances, and the hand jive.
16.  My stress reliever is cooking or cleaning.  I also clean if I get mad.
17.  When John and I were dating, he would occasionally make me really mad so I'd clean their house.  But he'd never admit to that. : )
18.  My biggest pet peeve is someone blowing their nose at the dinner table.  Completely grosses me out, yet you would be surprised by how many people do this.
19.  My great grandmother is 98.  Her sister recently passed and was 108.  We have some long living ladies in our family.
20.  We always kid that my Great great aunt's secrets were: Never get married, never have kids, don't drink, and don't smoke.  So far, I'm 2 and 2.
21.  Singing loudly is part of my daily shower routine.  It's were I have the most confidence, and were my feelings for the day come out.
22.  I have a terrible driving record.  Really terrible.  Two of the wrecks were not my fault, however I'm not telling you how many were my fault. 
23.  I'm a realist.  The running joke in our house is that I'm a pessimist and he's an optimist.  However, I say I'm a realist, and he's naive.  Take your pick.
24.  A family friend once said my husband and I are Yen and Yang.  I have never agreed more than I do to that statement.
25.  My mom was a swimmer, yet I still hold my nose when I jump in the water.
26.  I've never been West of Tennessee, or North of Pennsylvania.  I plan to do both as soon as possible, whenever that may be.


I had a great Birthday yesterday.  Thanks everyone for my birthday wishes!   And thanks for reading!

1 comment: