Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Getaway

to Charleston this weekend! I am so excited! I love Charleston! I love the city, and the history (even though I can't remember half of the facts), and the architecture, and just all of it. I love how "southern" it is. The horses is what really just floors me. I grew up on a farm, I know all about some horses. But something about a really beautiful horse pulling a carriage really gets my little heart fluttering.....

Anyhow, back to reality....despite the horrible gas prices, and the fact that we are very close to broke, that bug that says "I need to escape" has hit us both, and so we are planning to spend the weekend with our friends Brent and Jessie. I'm excited to get to spend more time with them, as I feel like John is close to Brent, but with them moving here (mid June) I want to get to know them better. We're both off Monday, so why not spend the wonderfully long (but not long enough) weekend forgetting that we have to be responsible adults again on Tuesday morning....early.

I always have to justify to myself spending more money than I think is necessary... so this how I'm justifying this weekend:
- Free place to stay in CHARLESTON!!! :)
- Gas is only going to get more expensive, so lets go while killer, but not deadly
- Get to really know "The Francese..s.."?
- Get out of Raleigh
- Get to spend an extra day relaxing

So, the way I figure it, a tank of gas down and back is cheap for all the bonuses to weigh it out!

P.S. - Anyone else have this justifying problem? and Bernie, please don't tell me I need to come have a meeting with you about this. haha :)

3 comments:

  1. this is good problem. and good thinking. charleston is glorious. reason enough right there.

    ps. - franceses AKA - francesi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude! I didn't know you had a blog. Ya gotta letta girl know about these things! Can't wait to see you guys for July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you, even if it is in the funny papers!

    ReplyDelete