Friday, October 10, 2008

Hip Hip Hooray!

John and I got our new apartment!!

We found out today that all the paperwork was approved and we go next week to sign the lease! This is such a HUGE stress reliever for us. Honestly, I never knew what it was like to not know where our things and we where we might be in a few weeks. So this was a huge step of faith and trust that we took, and God brought us through.

We never really felt like we were going to be homeless, but there was definitely a time where we did not know where the cats might end up. Thanks to all of our friends for offering up your spare rooms for us to stay. Fortunately (and I mean that for you!) we won't be needing it.

About a year ago, we would have liked to have been buying a house at this time, but circumstances did not allow that to happen. It really has been a roller-coaster the last few months, and I have a better understanding of how things like this happen to the average person, even when they're working.

The apartment we're moving into is downtown, 2 bed/2 bath. Newer place with bigger space. We'll post pics when we move in.

Since John and I are looking to be Uncle and Aunt in about a week to a week and a half, we will be planning to move towards the end of this month, around the 24th/25th. This is my ploy to drag you down with us to help us move. There will be boxes and furniture for those looking for a good workout. I know some of you have been trying to work out more and burn some calories, and what a GREAT way to do that and help out your friends!

See you then! :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm glad that everything worked out! I will volunteer my husband to come help you guys move. He has big muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for new places!! Count us in to help! Can't wait to see it. Call me if you need help packing
    love yah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're happy for you guys! I know it's a load off! Can't wait to see ya'll again!

    ReplyDelete