Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Scary Apartment!

Here's a replay of last night:

Me: I'm reading my new Nicolas Sparks autographed book.
Bandit: is playing around messing with the door, and some Marshmallow roaster sticks for campfires we had out next to the door.
John: is in the bedroom watching sports.

I ignore bandit as he continues to play, I keep reading.
A few minutes go by, Bandit is still playing, I keep reading.
Finally, I look over and see Bandit batting at the sticks. He keeps batting, batting, bites at the sticks, batting, batting, bites.... (you can see the action I bet.)

As he bites, I notice that whatever he biting at is ON the sticks....and it just moved....IT MOVED!

So I get up thinking, "What is THAT??"

I look at the sticks, and it's a snake! A SNAKE, in our apartment!

I scream.

Of course, I scream. "JOHN!!! SNAKE!!!!!"

My re-enactment is one that is justified only in person, but none-the-less, I will describe what happens next.

John: Swings open bedroom door. Runs out to the living room. Stops, looks around, and says "Where is it??" in a panicked voice.

Me: I point to a place only 2 feet away.

John: "HOLY S***!!! HOW THE H*** DID IT GET IN HERE?!?!"

John then does the manly thing and takes the snake outside, being careful not to get bitten and protects the family.



Upon looking up the snake we find out that it was indeed a "Worm snake" is not venomous, and active primarily at night. I don't like to kill things that are not a harm to me, so I'm glad that it wasn't poisonous.

Needless to say, I hope our new apartment does not have snakes!

3 comments:

  1. that is so hilarious! I love your story and I can see you screaming and John running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have probably passed out. I won't be surprised if I have bad dreams about snakes tonight after reading this ... yeah, it's that bad. On a happier note, Nicholas Sparks' new book is GREAT!! Let me know when you finish it and we can share thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete